Home Top Ad

PopAds.net - The Best Popunder Adnetwork

MEN ALSO CRY || A poem written by Fadara Mayokun- Mayor.E

Share:


MEN ALSO CRY

Off he goes, daily he does,
He cares not leaving me alone with this course
To bear and to rear alone in our dark course,
Before dawn, he's out,
After dusk, he's not even ours;
He's too busy to look after my loosed shell,
To cover me daily away from life's hell.

Those are the words of my wife to my friend
Forgetting I also have bad things at the other end.
She complains about her little spree
Forgetting about several stabs attached to my back.
She screams to my hearings my absenteeism
Neglecting the course of my heroism.

I cry too, I've been hurt not twice
But she replied, 'are you not the husband?'
Am i not the husband? It echoes to my hearings
As of the ode of a lost sheep.
Husband have feelings too!
We get burnt daily, facing fury furnace of lots.

I go hunger strike, just to give you the best sight;
Gyming every now and then just to cover up my emaciated bones,
But recreation she calls it.
I turned my hollow belly into six packs,
she still sees it and love it.

Hundreds of scars I harbour at my back;
Some from my boss with words of axe,
Some from the toiling just to give her what she asks.
Not mentioning the lonely mind that I starved daily.


Men do cry dear
Please can you bear with us?
We aren't immortals, we are men with flesh and blood;
Being that lives with conscience and emotions.
How do we carry and guide your river of worries
While we deal with our oceans of disdain?

That fearness is a mere facade,
Deep down we're cut up with hook,
It stings but you care less.
We also need a comforter,
A shoulder to cry on,
But your shoulders are miles away,
Too far for our lonely mind to reach.

We too get hurt we have feelings,
Emotions stab us daily;
We are also a human,
We men also cry.
©Fadara Mayokun (Mayore)
Photo credit: Facebook

No comments