Home Top Ad

PopAds.net - The Best Popunder Adnetwork

THE IMMACULATES- A play by Oladoyin micheal(ActV Scene 1)

Share:

(Act V Scene 1)
(On Saturday, September 29 in the afternoon, Peller’s room is in disarray and disorganized, the centre spotlight comes on to reveal Chinenye, a university aspirant in a hot argument with Peller)
Chinenye: (cuts in) una say wetin? When una dey climb Kilimanjaro without socks una no know say your leg go cut sharp sharp?
Peller: (stridently) this (points at her stomach) is not the eventuality of the fertilization of my leaven and living spit of…
Chinenye: abeg abeg! Spare me the grammar! E be like say una wan dissolve.
Peller: why you come dey disturb me na? na me only dey touch you so? That Emeka wey dey your house no dey do you every night?
Chinenye: no think ‘am at all! I be pikin wey no know right and wrong?
Peller: (beaten) okay, you see, wetin we go do na to abort dis wayo pregnancy.
Chinenye: never! Tufia! Me I no wan die o.
Peller: (opportunistically) if you no comot the wayo, the wayo na your personal problem.
Chenenye: una dey craze? Una better prepare to father my baby.
Peller: (laughs in mockery) in your dreams babe, get out of my room!
Chinenye: (infuriated) una don invite fire and u go see ‘am anyhow (exit angrily)
(Mary, having eavesdropped enters and confronts Peller)
Mary: (enters sobbing) so this is what you’ve been doing?
Peller: (not moved) so what?
Mary: this is not our agreement, you said…
Peller: (completes it for her) that I will marry you. (Laughs) and you believed the lie? Fool!
Mary: you are a cheat! God will…
Peller: If I hear you call that name! Were you a virgin when we meet and mate? You’ve been sleeping, eating and dinning here in my own house and you still have the guts to curse me. Park your load and get out of here! You ladies are just thorn in my flesh. Get out! You daughter of eve (Lights fade as he begins to throw out her bags)
(Lights fade)

No comments